As one of the most recognisable brands in Scotland and the world Macallan required a visitor centre that is equal to its reputation.
Lighting consultants Spears & Major were appointed to design lighting for a unique exhibition of the brand that provides the visitor with an incredible experience & exhibits the long history of Macallan. To help in this undertaking Audio Light Systems were contracted to bring this vision to reality in association with the museum and exhibition contractor Beck Interiors.
The experience has separate areas including the following:
- The Brand Wall, a display of whisky like no other with over 800 bottles mounted on Martin DOT9 LEDs which provides an extensive colour wash throughout the many shelfs.
- The Peerless Gallery, Mike Stoane & Kemps Architectural lighting provide a unique & interesting installation which is both modern and timeless.
- Whiskey Story, an AV and lighting immersive experience with ACDC & Osram lighting.
- Photographers Gallery, where iGuzzini lighting really does give the quality of lighting required.
- The Jewel Box, Lumino lighting providing the precise & intense lighting need to examine the whisky at close quarter.
Audio Light Systems are a popular choice in the museum & exhibition sector due to the ability to provide AV, system integration, lighting and electrical works (NICEIC registered contractor). This again was an advantage at Macallan as included in the contract were the commercial electrical works at the visitor centre including commercial kitchen & building wide mains distribution.